[E-voting] FoI request

Colm MacCárthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Tue Jun 3 20:07:07 IST 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 02:12:39PM +0100, P at draigBrady.com wrote:
> These 2 files are Mac specific I think.
> I guess they're binary format files
> representing the desktop?

Not sure if they represent the desktop, but they are Mac Specific,
apparently they are an artifact of using DAVE,

  http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/mac/16005

A utility for helping MACs interoperate with Windows Networks.
Well I'm basing that on what I see here:

  http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/mac/16005

I'm not sure whether that means the files contain anything
useful or not, or are just the result of someone grabbing
the files from the SMB server rather than the client.

>From looking at "strings" and hexdump output, aswell as
a few simples tests the files seem to contain a lot of
information, and a lot of valid magic numbers and format
headers. So it suggests some kind of archive format, time
to get a MAC head ;)

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net
colm at stdlib.net					  http://www.stdlib.net/