[E-voting] Campaign goals

Margaret McGaley Margaret.McGaley at redbrick.dcu.ie
Mon Jun 9 14:45:03 IST 2003

I believe the first two goals should specifically mention the Nedap system,
since our first priority must be to prevent the use of the Nedap machines. How
about the following re-wording of the third goal?

- to ensure that any electronic voting system introduced in Ireland meets the
  following criteria
          - a booth is used, analagous to the traditional polling booth,
          - all development uses formal methods,
          - votes are printed on a paper ballot to be verified by the voter,
          - all source code is publicly available.

The question of copyright on the source code is a prickly one. The Australian
system is GPLed

http://www.elections.act.gov.au/EVaCS.html#code

Margaret