[E-voting] Campaign goals
Margaret.McGaley at redbrick.dcu.ie
Mon Jun 9 14:45:03 IST 2003
I believe the first two goals should specifically mention the Nedap system,
since our first priority must be to prevent the use of the Nedap machines. How
about the following re-wording of the third goal?
- to ensure that any electronic voting system introduced in Ireland meets the
- a booth is used, analagous to the traditional polling booth,
- all development uses formal methods,
- votes are printed on a paper ballot to be verified by the voter,
- all source code is publicly available.
The question of copyright on the source code is a prickly one. The Australian
system is GPLed
More information about the E-voting