[E-voting] re: Submissions gone AWOL

Michael McMahon michael at hexmedia.com
Mon Apr 5 13:52:34 IST 2004

Kieran Tully wrote:
> Michael McMahon michael at hexmedia.com wrote:
>
>> My submission did not get through. Fortunately, I do have
>> an email receipt showing that I sent it before
>> the deadline. I spoke to one of the Commission staff
>> and it appears other people have had the same complaint.

5 additional submissions have just appeared (including my own).

158  	Stephen OMeara
159 	Dr. David Malone
160 	Michael McMahon
161 	Stephen G Ellis
162 	Dr. Christophe Meudec

> Does anyone else find this slightly ironic?

Yes. If there was no verifiability (via the web-site)
I (and probably the commission) would never have known.
The email receipt was evidence (however limited) that I really
had made a submission.

Of course, an unsigned email isn't worth the paper it's written on.
ie. I couldn't have proved, that I didn't forge it :)

But, I'm glad the commission did the right thing. ie. it was
a genuine mistake which they have rectified,
rather than something sinister.

- Michael.