New Letter for Irish Times WAS RE: [E-voting] Irish Times article

Casey, Dermot (GE Consumer Finance) Dermot.Casey at ge.com
Wed Apr 7 12:31:50 IST 2004

On the basis that a shorter letter is better I've drafted the following

If people are happy with it I'll send to the Times on behalf of the ICTE

Madam,

Annrai O'Toole and Brendan Tangney  (IT 6/4/04) call for rational disussion while recklessly using emotive and pejorative terms such as 'luddite' and 'so-called expert'. They debate the abstract merits of a non-existing theoretical e-voting system, ignorant of, and ignoring the real risks posed by the current system. They bemoan the state of reasoned debate in Ireland, while failing, abjectly, to review the detailed technical criticisms of the Governments proposal. We would ask them to engage in proper informed debate or to withdraw their remarks.

Sincerly

Dermot Casey
Irish Citizens for Trustworth E-voting