[E-voting] Worth quoting

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Tue Apr 13 16:59:17 IST 2004

I've been researching as much I can on Powervote over the last few
days (more on why in the near-future hopefully), but in the course of
this I came accross:

http://www.eastbourne.gov.uk/reports/docs/scrutiny~11-11-02~report~01.htm

Which is a report made in 2002 by Eastbourne council in reponse
to E-voting, includes the great quote:

 "People may assume that e-voting is much like banking or airline
 ticketing but there are important differences.  With these other systems
 there is a physical data trail that allows for verification.  E-voting
 has few of these safeguards and no currently available system can be
 fully safeguarded."

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net