[E-voting] Roadshow dates finally announced

Aengus Lawlor aengusl at eircom.net
Fri Apr 16 13:41:12 IST 2004

Colm MacCarthaigh <colm at stdlib.net> wrote:
> After being "coming soon" for some 2 months, the "easier for everyone"
> E-voting roadshow has finally announced dates:
>
> http://www.electronicvoting.ie/english/roadshow.html
>
> Only 16 are before the Commission's final report date:
>
> Ballybrack    Tesco Car Park            Thurs 29th April
> Blackrock     Frascati Shopping Centre  Mon 26th April
> Clondalkin    Civic Centre              Fri 30th April
> Dundrum       Dundrum Shopping Centre   Wed 28th April
> Dun Laoghaire St Michael's Church Tues 27th April
> Lucan         Superquin Car Park        Tues 27th April
> Rathcoole     Community Centre          Wed 28th April
> Tallaght      County Hall               Thurs 29th April
> Limerick City O'Connel St.              Fri 30th April
> Maynooth      Tesco Shopping Centre     Mon 26th April
> Cashel        Wesley Street             Thurs 29th April
> Clonmel       Parnell Street            Mon 26th April
> Thurles       Town Square (TBC)         Fri 30th April
> Tipperary Town Market Yard Car Park     Wed 28th April
> Bray          St Cronans Car Park       Fri 30th April
>
> Hopefully the others will be abandoned.

Let me guess - these are all happening bewteen the hours of 10Am and
4PM, so voters who actually work for a living won't get a chance to see
this €4million roadshow.

I think I might run off a few copies of the leaflet, and hand them out
at one of these roadshows, just to see what the reaction is.

(Which reminds me - the link for the leaflet is only at the bottom of
the News page - can it be added to the Downloads page too?)

Aengus