[E-voting] press release draft 2

Shane Hogan shane at askaboutmoney.com
Mon Feb 2 20:30:07 GMT 2004

I don't think we need to 'run scared' of the costs issue. In fact, our
recommendation (AFAIK) is not necessarily to implement eVoting with VVAT -
our recommendation is to implement eVoting with VVAT where it makes good
sense. To me, the costs of the current system at 36m (without VVAT) to
implement a system which will require MORE resources to run than the old
manual system just doesn't make sense.

Scrapping the system is a valid option also.

Regards  - Shane