[E-voting] Launch at the Mansion House today

David GLAUDE dglaude at gmx.net
Wed Feb 4 22:33:19 GMT 2004

Cian wrote:

> Margaret also did a heap of interviews with various people from the press. The
> opposition parties were there, making a point of not being in support of the
> system. The Greens seem to be serious about making some sort of legal challenge.

The Green did help us pay the legal fee to deposit some of our legal
challenge at the Strasbourg court... I am not surprise they help you
there too.

> It's curious. I am at the same time convinced that there's no way we can put
> off the introduction of this system, and that with the launch of the PR campaign
> we have our best chance ever. :o)

You will have windows of opportunities during each campain before
election. Media will talk about you if you do something special (come
and not to vote, ...). If it is like in Belgium, in 10 years you will
still be fighting... with maybe a few more arguments due to legal
challenge and bugs/problems/errors/queues durring each election.

Keep fighting, it can not be worst than in Belgium. :-(

> Let's hope the various journalists involved take our side. Our arguments are
> difficult to follow, being technical in nature, but I think that journos in
> particular seem to 'get it', which is great.

I suggest simple non-technical argument.
We reduced our message to:
"Should your vote be secret?"
"Should election be control by expert or citizen?"

When you get to that point of simplification, then everybody can answer
those question (expected answer are: Yes, Citizen)... then it become
easyer to have support from almost anybody wich is honnest and think
about it.

David GLAUDE

--
Don't let computer expert control election...
Endorse: http://www.free-project.org/resolution/