[E-voting] press release

Fergal Daly fergal at esatclear.ie
Wed Feb 25 10:16:11 GMT 2004

There's not much new in it. I know we should be doing something but the news
people already know what's in this.

If anyone needs a laugh, have a list to Noel Ahern in this. It's beyond
belief. After having it pointed out to him that no computer system is
perfect his defence was that "these are not computers, they're voting
machines" and also "perfect".

http://www.rte.ie/rams/radio/latest/rte-tonightwithvincentbrowne.smil

The whole studio seems to be laughing at him at one stage and a listener
comment was "that Noel Ahern is a riot, Scrap Saturday is alive and well".

How about a press release ripping the piss out of Noel Ahern?

Seriously though, it would be great if we could somehow publicise his utter
ignorance and associate it with the government. I'm sure anyone listening to
that show, who had yet to form an opinion about evoting, is against it now.

On a more conventional note, we know the government has no report saying
these machines are perfect, all the reports have very narrow terms. So,
after shaming Noel, how about calling on them to name the independent
experts who told them it was "not a computer" and "perfect"?

Or maybe I just want ot let off steam...