[E-voting] Vincent Browne show

Aengus Lawlor aengusl at eircom.net
Fri Feb 27 12:22:24 GMT 2004

Owen Connolly <ojc at networkarchitects.ie> wrote:
> Would it not be simply more efficient to use a double roll system
> like a cash register receipt system? i.e. One roll prints and cuts
> for a "receipt" of your vote, the other prints continuously.

Anything that provides a record of the order in which votes are cast
would immediately cause a problem with the secrecy of the ballot, as it
would be very easy to track who had voted in what order, and compare
that to your serial list.

(I don't understand what value two paper copies would have anyway).

Aengus