[E-voting] Re: Thomas Greene just doesn't get it!

adam beecher lists at beecher.net
Mon Jul 12 22:43:51 IST 2004

Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> No, both he and you are wrong. It is voter-verified, it is an
> audit-trail. It is therefore a voter-verified audit trail. As I have
> said before, to argue otherwise is plainly absurd. I am absolutely not
> willing to concede this as a matter of subjective opinion, it is
> categorical fact. VVAT is self-defining, and you need only expand the
> acronym to read the documentation you've missed.

I've expanded the acronym. I've drawn my own conclusion as to what it
means. I'm willing to accept that other people may draw different
conclusions. However, just as you're absolutely not willing to concede
that this is a matter of subjective opinion, I'm absolutely not willing
to concede that it isn't without evidence. If you're so sure, prove it.
Point to the documentation so we can see for ourselves and I'll happily
concede the point. Until then, what you say remains your /opinion/.

adam