[E-voting] [colm@stdlib.net: [letter to the editor] ICTE and E-voting]

Catherine Ansbro cansbro at eircom.net
Mon Mar 8 12:55:01 GMT 2004

>While we genuinely regret our concerns coming to notice so late in the
>day,

This sounds too much like an apology and should be omitted in future
letters/articles.  Instead, we should keep hammering away at how far back
Joe McCarthy and others have been trying to get info about the system, and
raising concerns.  These concerns are not "coming to notice" "late in the
day", the delays are due to gov't reluctance to release information.

>members of ICTE have been highlighting the concerns surrounding
>E-voting for over 3 years. We have had questions asked of the Department
>in the Houses of the Oireachtas, theses researched and written and
>related issues raised with our elected representatives.

Here we could also point out how the answers received have often avoided
answering the questions raised, and in many cases have provided information
that is misleading.