[E-voting] Voting application; Implementation of VVAT

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Mon Mar 8 22:24:13 GMT 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 01:18:33PM -0800, John Lambe wrote:
> That occurred to me before (but I didn't get around to doing it) on
> hearing Minister Cullen talking about how the voter could know that
> his/her vote was recorded correctly (because he/she would see it on the
> display).
>
> I've written a Win32 application as you suggested.
> It's at http://evoting.jlambe.com/download/vm/ .

Brilliant, seems to work (and not work, respectively) :)

> It's written in Borland Delphi (Object Pascal), simply because that's
> what I usually use for Win32 development.

That's even better :)

> The difference between the two programs is the removal of the keyword
> "not" in one place.
>
> Send me any suggestions for changes.

You might want to place the programs under some kind of explicit
licence, merely to protect your own rights and stop someone claiming
it as their own :)

Can I presume you're not goign to mind if I place them on CD's and
distribute them as part of a submission?

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net