[E-voting] ogra FF poll

Michael McMahon michaelmcmahon at vodafone.ie
Thu Mar 11 11:34:43 GMT 2004

Patrick O'Beirne wrote:
> At 10:50 11/03/2004, Michael McMahon wrote:
>
>> "Ogra Fianna Fail rig their own opinion poll, as part of confidence
>> building measure
>>  for introduction of e-voting"
>

> I presume that's tongue-in-cheek. All they did was learn the hard way
> about Internet voting. Let's hope the Govt does not  have to learn the
> hard way about evoting. Maybe it'll take, not the landslide that Kevin T
> Finn speculated about, but SF taking Bertie's seat.

It is tongue-in-cheek, but it remains to be seen whether they fess up and accept
what you say about Internet voting. If they close the poll and claim that twice
as many respondents were in favour of e-voting then they are being dishonest.

The honest thing would be to post a message explaining their
action in resetting the counter,and why they are continuing with the poll.

Michael.