[E-voting] Commission on Electronic Voting

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Mar 11 13:22:54 GMT 2004

On Thursday 11 March 2004 11:48, Cian wrote:

> I figure we should get a nice, professional submission in as soon as
> possible. We have a tonne of information to put in it, though - what do
> people think we should prioritise?

Personally -- as an observer rather then a member of ICTE --
I consider the _less_ information put in the better.

As far as I can see, the ICTE has one simple request (or demand),
and this is obscured by introducing
lots of interesting but irrelevant side-issues

I was at a Labour Party meeting the other day,
and the 5 or 6 page report by Shane Hogan et al was circulated.
I thought it was a very good report,
but I noticed that I was the only person who seemed to be reading it.
(Maybe the others took it home and studied it carefully afterwards,
but I doubt it.)
I thought at the time that a single sheet
would actually have been far more effective.

Although not relevant in this case,
may I suggest that if you put forward 2 points,
and your opponent is able to answer Point 2 but not Point 1,
he is not going to worry about the point he cannot answer.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366