[E-voting] Commission on Electronic Voting

Casey, Dermot (GE Consumer Finance) Dermot.Casey at ge.com
Thu Mar 11 14:06:40 GMT 2004

In relation to the cost issue I'd have to agree with Colm. It has no place in this submission (see below) [is does in the wider debate however]

>From the ad in the Irish Times

This bit is in BOLD

"The Commission on Electronic Voting invites the public to make submissions to its work, on the secrecy and accuracy of the chose Nedap/Powervote electronic voting system and the testing thereof"

"Persons interested in making submissions should note that the Commission will only consider submissions falling within the scope of its terms of reference as outlined above"

"Submissions received will be open to public inspection"

>From this submissions should only deal with the core issues and not side issues, or else risk getting rejected.

Regards

Dermot