[E-voting] submission, suggested format

Catherine Ansbro cansbro at eircom.net
Thu Mar 11 14:19:07 GMT 2004

I think we should have the detail (or references) somewhere because
presumably these non-technical people will be responsible enough to get in
their own technical experts to help them evaluate the submissions.  (And
even if they don't, at least they can't say we didn't give them the
technical detail and claim that our concerns are therefore grounless.)

So--a brief, easy-to-read summary with clear recommendations; followed by a
readable (no jargon) explanation of our specific concerns relating to
accuracy and secrecy; followed by a more precise technical section
correlating to the previous non-jargon section, including references as
necessary.  That would be my suggested format.

It needs to be both simple (non-technical sections, clearly labelled as
such) and also complete (later section with some technical detail).