[E-voting] ogra FF poll

adam beecher lists at beecher.net
Thu Mar 11 18:23:29 GMT 2004

> Look at the number of votes - Joe reported 611 today it's 180. I
> guess they detected vote stuffing and reset the count at zero and
> added a cookie (great protection, eh?) to track votes.

I voted only minutes after Mags posted yesterday and tried again expressly
to see if there was a measure to protect against double-voting -- there was.
Getting around it is trivial if it's just a cookie and the vote is accepted
at the same time the cookie is set (just turn off cookies). If not, it's a
bit harder.

I can't see Ogra FF commenting on it. It looks bad either way.

adam