[E-voting] Commission on Electronic Voting

Adrian Colley aecolley at spamcop.net
Thu Mar 11 19:08:49 GMT 2004

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 01:47:51PM +0000, Dr J Pelan wrote:
> Agreed. Make very, very few points but make them very, very well.
>
> Don't worry about the side-issues. Look after the voter-verified, paper
> audit trail and the side-issues will take care of themselves.

I don't agree.  I think we do have to cover the "side issues", not least
in case the main issue is somehow dismissed.  The public will more
easily swallow the irrational dismissal of a single point than the
irrational dismissal of a lot of points (a line?).

Of course, the side issues should be given the unprominence they deserve.

 --Adrian.

--
GPG 0x43D3AD19 17D2 CA6E A18E 1177 A361  C14C 29DB BA4B 43D3 AD19
http://user-aecolley.jini.org/