[E-voting] [eugeneflynn@54degrees.com: Evoting Survey Questions]

Paul Gargan gargans at iol.ie
Fri Mar 12 11:49:46 GMT 2004

Michael McMahon wrote:
> Would you trust a private company to have complete control over our
> election system?

Eugene Flynn's original mail tactfully requested that

"Naturally, no obvious bias in phrasing of questions should be included"

I think any leading questions like the above would be automatically
excluded from the survey. This is only fair, imho.

To look at it another way, we'd object to questions like "Should self-
appointed luddites be allowed halt the deployment of independently
tested voting machines?" :)

Keep the questions neutral, and use the results to gauge the state of
public opinion / knowledge.

Paul.