[E-voting] Submissions to the Commission

Roy Madden roy at informationsecurityireland.com
Fri Mar 12 15:49:26 GMT 2004

On Friday, March 12, 2004, 6:42:06 PM, Dr wrote:

> That's not to underestimate the power of individuals. I suspect that Joe
> McCarthy will have a submission with 'nuclear' capability ;-)

I think individual submissions are important to
a) List individual credentials. Rather than ICTE "representing blah
blah", an individual submission says "these are my credentials, I know
what I'm talking about".
b) Set out whether you are for or against electronic voting per se, or
whether your key point is VVAT (which I imagine is the majority view
here) and
c) Show that the opposition to current plans is broadly based and not
just a group of crackpots as ICTE might be portrayed. It's easy from
our own little goldfish bowl to see wht the group represents, I
wouldn't be surprised if the public perceived us as a bunch of loony
luddites.

Roy