Referendum (was [E-voting] Irish Times today - Friday 3/12/2004)

Shane Hogan shane at askaboutmoney.com
Sat Mar 13 09:19:37 GMT 2004

I don't think the referendum is a big issue. The 2nd round of trials of the
system in 2002 was the Nice referendum in 7 constituencies. So I guess they
have most of the software components available. At worst, they have to
combine some existing components, but they don't have to develop anything
new.

It is likely to mean that one column of buttons on the voting machine gets
dedicated for the referendum, which lowers the bar for those interested in
frustrating eVoting by nominating a larger number of candidates than buttons
available.