[E-voting] Terms of Reference ("TOR")

Fergus O'Rourke sitecom at tinet.ie
Sat Mar 13 10:05:49 GMT 2004

I have a very bad feeling about the Commission's TOR.

ISTM that they were drawn carefully to enable the secretariat to exclude the
vast majority of submissions.

To me, the lack of VVAT is not really an accuracy or secrecy issue.
Submissions which fail to link to those issues will *not even be seen* by
the members of the commission. Adrian Colley's draft, useful though it is
for
other purposes, is in this category IMO.

I am not saying that this is fatal to the possibility of useful input, but
it does put a premium on clear thinking regarding the issues.