[E-voting] Terms of Reference ("TOR")

Margaret McGaley Margaret.McGaley at redbrick.dcu.ie
Sat Mar 13 19:57:36 GMT 2004

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 03:35:31PM +0000, Dr J Pelan wrote:

> I hope to be able to throw another suggested submission into the mix later
> this weekend and we can thrash then all about. Hopefully an agreed
> submission will emerge quickly which we can all stand behind. Perhaps the
> meeting has come up with something suitable already ?

There weren't many people at the meeting, so not an awful lot happened. We did
agree that Wednesday should be our deadline for a full draft. We also agreed
that we must make a connection between VVAT and accuracy right from the first
page.

One thing that came up was the idea that the commission must verify the
accuracy of the system *used on the day*, and that the only way to do that is
by adding VVAT. That will require some argument on the technical issues,
though.

Margaret
--
Margaret McGaley