[E-voting] Re: Re: Irish Times today - Friday 3/12/2004 - about preferendums and e-voting

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Sun Mar 14 11:12:26 GMT 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 11:59:08AM +0100, David GLAUDE wrote:
> I don't know how you vote in your chambers of representatives... but you
> may want to have a look.

Some of us turned up for an Electronic-voting releted vote in our
national parliament. There is electronic voting, but it is never
anonymous, as members vote there is a big panel with a light for each
seat. Each light goes green or red depending on which way they voted.
It's pretty much impossible to vote incorrectly or for someone else
without getting noticed.

As the vote we were present for was on Electronic Voting, one of the
opposition parties called for an old-fashioned paper count (as they
have the right to) and both sides file off into the lobbies to sign
their name either for or against.

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net