Press release [was Re: [E-voting] SBP poll - 58% want VVAT

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Sun Mar 14 20:57:47 GMT 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 07:55:46PM +0000, Margaret McGaley wrote:
> I think we should respond to this with a press release tomorrow morning. I'm
> going to put one together, something along the lines of "yay, 58% want a paper
> trail. boo, 27% discouraged from voting".

It's considered bad form to reference the content of one branch of the
press when you try to get them all to pick something up. Generally
whoever published it isnt going to re-run - because they're already
published it, and everyone else wont want to look like they are on the
coat-tails of a competitor :)

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net