Press release [was Re: [E-voting] SBP poll - 58% want VVAT

David GLAUDE dglaude at gmx.net
Sun Mar 14 23:26:11 GMT 2004

Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 07:55:46PM +0000, Margaret McGaley wrote:
>
>>I think we should respond to this with a press release tomorrow morning. I'm
>>going to put one together, something along the lines of "yay, 58% want a paper
>>trail. boo, 27% discouraged from voting".
>
> It's considered bad form to reference the content of one branch of the
> press when you try to get them all to pick something up. Generally
> whoever published it isnt going to re-run - because they're already
> published it, and everyone else wont want to look like they are on the
> coat-tails of a competitor :)

This might be all true for compeeting news paper... but not for the
international press...

Something like: "Irish, citizen of one of the oldest democracy refuse
the unaccountable electronic voting system that the governement try to
impose on them. Despite severe critics from IT professional, and the
insistant request to have at the minimum a 'voter verified audit trail',
the government insist in using the voting machine [those are not
computer :-)] that costed XX mi € and spend X mi € in trying to market
it's benefits."

That's the kind of thing wich can be done and help others in other country.

David GLAUDE

--
Don't let computer expert control election...
Endorse: http://www.free-project.org/resolution/