[E-voting] Not random enough?

Adrian Colley aecolley at spamcop.net
Mon Mar 15 18:32:37 GMT 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 05:50:22PM -0000, Aengus Lawlor wrote:
> I see the point you're making, but I'm not quite sure I would have
> interpreted the PTB report in the same way. The fact that it says that
> it cycles through the whole memory module in 16 seconds suggests
> something else to me, but without a lot more data, which the Government
> is unwilling to provide, your scenario certainly makes uncomfortable
> reading.

The 16 seconds thing was about placement of the first vote.  About the
other votes, the same counter is used, but only to make "the random
decision" about whether to place the vote "in front of or after the
votes stored previously".

 --Adrian.

--
GPG 0x43D3AD19 17D2 CA6E A18E 1177 A361  C14C 29DB BA4B 43D3 AD19
http://user-aecolley.jini.org/