[E-voting] Not random enough?

Cian pooka at redbrick.dcu.ie
Tue Mar 16 11:56:04 GMT 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 06:32:37PM +0000, Adrian Colley wrote:
> The 16 seconds thing was about placement of the first vote.  About the
> other votes, the same counter is used, but only to make "the random
> decision" about whether to place the vote "in front of or after the
> votes stored previously".

By identifying the placement of the first couple of votes, can we infer
anything about the state of the PRNG at that time (and hence at all times
thereafter)? I'm no expert on this sort of thing, just an idle thought.

Cian

--
       "Metaphors are wondrous candles which illuminate the hidden
             connections between things." -- Jonah Goldberg