[E-voting] Not random enough?

Stuart McBride evoting at stusoft.org
Tue Mar 16 12:33:25 GMT 2004

Another thought about this, if I understood it correctly.

Surely if the memory is limited and has a physical start and
end ... and if you're placing votes randomly at either the
start or end of the existing block ... then you're going to
hit the start or end of the memory at some point.

After that point, all votes will be stored in the sequence
in which they're cast. This could range from just the last
few to every single vote, if the first vote was stored in the
first or last position.

But maybe it doesn't matter, it was just a thought.

Stuart