[E-voting] US info

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Mar 16 14:02:59 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 12:20, Aengus Lawlor wrote:

> > I wonder if anyone has collated info on VVAT decisions and proposals
> > in US states?

> There's some information here:
> http://www.verifiedvoting.org/states.asp

Thank you.
This is a hive of information.

Probably most people on this list know much more than me about this subject,
but the essential point in the above URL is that legislation has been proposed
(but not passed) in both the Senate and the House of Representatives
which would mandate VVAT.
This is supported by a large majority of Democrat senators and representatives
and a small number of Republicans.

The URL details the response to the proposal in each state.

My conclusion is that if the Democrats win control of the House and Senate
this legislation will be enacted.

I wonder if the same is true here?
Largely (if not entirely) as a result of the ICTE's campaign,
all the opposition parties seem now to sujpport VVAT,
so it would seem that if they win the next election
it will probably be introduced.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366