[E-voting] Re: CEV submission -- non-technical draft

Adrian Colley aecolley at spamcop.net
Tue Mar 16 15:46:42 GMT 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 05:05:25PM -0800, John Lambe wrote:
> Some minor suggestions:
[...]

These are good.

> Section 3.6:
> "the inspection that preceded the sealing."
> Shouldn't that be the inspection that preceded opening of the seal?

No.  The sentence as I worded it is a bit unclear.  I meant to say that
if the machine might have been compromised, then sealing it will only
give a false sense of security to anyone inspecting the seal.  Garbage
sealed, garbage unsealed.  The "inspection" referred to the inspection
of the machine prior to sealing, not to inspection of the seal itself.

 --Adrian.

--
GPG 0x43D3AD19 17D2 CA6E A18E 1177 A361  C14C 29DB BA4B 43D3 AD19
http://user-aecolley.jini.org/