[E-voting] Re: INV78/MC/04

Margaret McGaley mmcgaley at cs.may.ie
Wed Mar 17 15:18:13 GMT 2004

Dear Minister Cullen,

In today's Irish Times, a spokesperson for the Minister for the Environment
was quoted as saying that you have "previously met with the ICTE, among other
groups, on issues concerning the introduction of e-voting".

In fact, no such meeting has taken place. There have certainly been no meetings
between yourself and representatives of ICTE, and I am not aware of any time
when you have spoken to a member of ICTE on the topic of e-voting. You were
not even present at the meetings of the Joint Committee on Environment and Local
Government in which members of ICTE were taking part.

I respectfully request that you withdraw the statement.

Margaret McGaley
Irish Citizens for Trustworthy Evoting
http://evoting.cs.may.ie
087 755 4023