[E-voting] Registering as a Lobby group?

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Thu Mar 18 16:15:17 GMT 2004

I received a phone call from a Journalist asking if we were registered
as a lobby group, since we're not I said that we're not (but we went on
in to other matters) - I'm fairly certain this is not a problem since we
are a bunch of private concerned citizens, have never received any
donations and have no funds whatsoever. Even above to the 126 euro limit
which was outlined to me.

It seems obvious that the government spin-people are in full force,
which is pleasantly gratifying :) In any event, it may well be a good
idea to register - if only to enable us to recieve such donations.

Before I mail the Standards in Public Office Commission, who I think are
the people to register with, is anyone more aware of the process ivolved
and any potential costs? I'm not even fully sure it is the SIPO.

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net