[E-voting] Source Code

Aengus Lawlor aengusl at eircom.net
Fri Mar 19 17:36:46 GMT 2004

Éibhear <evoting at gibiris.org> wrote:
> [...]

At which point, your philosophical preference for a particular licensing
scheme for the software becomes irrelevant. Once you acknowledge that
VVAT is necessary because it provides an independent mechanism for
verifying the result of an election, the argument about whether "open
source" or "free software" is any more or less trustworthy than
"commercial software" becomes utterly irrelevant to the issue at hand,
because VVAT negates the ability of whoever controls the balloting
software to subvert the process.

And yes, I do understand what "Free Software" means.