[E-voting] Source Code

Aengus aengusl at eircom.net
Sat Mar 20 13:07:19 GMT 2004

David GLAUDE <dglaude at gmx.net> wrote:
> The point is that anything done by the state must be transparent
> for the citizen. When the administration was working with paper,
> pen and procedure this was obvious. Now that hiden processing
> is done inside computer, every software run by the state should
> be Free Software. Election software is not different from other.

The point is that "hidden processing" done in a computer is no more
transparent for the average citizen when the software is "free software"
than when it is closed source.

The notion that the average citizen should have to rely on a "high
priesthood" to give approval to the system is elitist, and frankly
insulting. (And I'm one of the "high priesthood").

Aengus