[E-voting] multiple elections

Adrian Colley aecolley at spamcop.net
Sat Mar 20 13:08:46 GMT 2004

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 08:47:03PM -0000, Shane Hogan wrote:
> This raises some interesting issues. How much is involved in 'setting up the
> machine' for the different token type? If this is a very manual task, it
> could be quite error-prone. When would the voter notice if an error had
> occurred?

The official presses a button (e.g. the P button if you've got a P
token).  You only get to notice if you find you can't vote in a race
that you know you should be able to.  Just like in the paper system,
where you had to have your wits about you to make sure your ballot paper
had been franked properly.  Elimination of human errors my elbow.

 --Adrian.

--
GPG 0x43D3AD19 17D2 CA6E A18E 1177 A361  C14C 29DB BA4B 43D3 AD19
http://user-aecolley.jini.org/