[E-voting] Submission to CEV (Can anybody help with the following)

james cotter jcotter at ireland.com
Tue Mar 23 11:53:39 GMT 2004

Hi there,
       I am hoping to do up a submission for Friday to the commision on evoting and would like if someone can help me with the following.

1. I would like to find any voter who went to the polls in Meath or Dublin in 2002 for the May General Election or  the October Nice Referendum and asked for the voting machine to be reset. I want to ask that voter to either to submit a submission or allow me to use them as example of a voter who wants an abstain/noneoftheabove option. I also want to highlight the fact the number of resets of the voting machines were not made public.

2. I have heard ( on radio ) that actual votes from an election were used in a test to check the usability of the machines. Does anybody have information on this and any other usability tests that may have been done.

Please reply to the list or email me directly (if you don't what to put names on a public list).

Many thanks,
       James Cotter.
       Email jcotter at ireland.com