[E-voting] Submission to CEV (Can anybody help with the following)

Brendan Arthurs brenarth at relodublin.com
Tue Mar 23 14:32:59 GMT 2004

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 11:53:39AM +0000, james cotter wrote:

> 1. I would like to find any voter who went to the polls in Meath or
> Dublin in 2002 for the May General Election or the October Nice
> Referendum and asked for the voting machine to be reset. I want to
> ask that voter to either to submit a submission or allow me to use
> them as example of a voter who wants an abstain/noneoftheabove
> option. I also want to highlight the fact the number of resets of
> the voting machines were not made public.

I voted in Dublin North in 2002 and had to have the voting machine
reset, although not in order to abstain. The machine refused to accept
any input, although the poll worker spent a good deal of time trying
to convince me that I was not using the machine correctly. I had
details of how to use the machine explained to me several times before
finally convincing them that the thing was not working.

Regards,

Brendan Arthurs