[E-voting] Offer VVAT solutions?

Michael McMahon michael at hexmedia.com
Wed Mar 24 17:29:12 GMT 2004

P at draigBrady.com wrote:

> Craig Burton wrote:
>
>> Dear ICTE,

VoteHere and Scytl are crypto-based mixing systems, similar to David
Chaums system
which was discussed here a couple of weeks ago. I am personally
enthusiastic about these
systems, but they are complex and therefore difficult to understand (and
therefore trust?)

VoteHere is interesting because it uses a much simpler receipt printing
scheme than
Chaums, but the description on their web site is horrendous mumbo-jumbo
to the
non crypto-expert. Frankly, unless these schemes can be understood by a
lot of people
(though not necessarily everyone) then they don't stand a chance.

I think Chaums system is understandable, but I'm not convinced by
VoteHere yet
(as in, I don't understand it :) )

openvotingconsortium.org seems to be a traditional paper based VVAT.