[E-voting] Submission nears final draft

P at draigBrady.com P at draigBrady.com
Wed Mar 24 20:12:07 GMT 2004

Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> 	http://www.stdlib.net/~colmmacc/CEV/icte-cev.pdf
>
> The final version of the submission should be done shortly, but the
> above is becoming an ever-closer approximation (big up to Adrian
> for doing an awful lot of work on this!). It's probably now in a
> state that if you mail me typo's and the like, it will be useful :)
>
> We should be handing it in tomorrow morning :)

Wow! Very impressive. A few minor points:

s/inhernetly/inherently/

s/unavaoidable/unavoidable/

remove spurious trailing "and" in 2nd point 2 in section 2 (accuracy)

s/time out of mind//

The paragraph beginning "In contrast, in a completely electronic"
should not be a new paragraph and should not include "In contrast, " ?

s/vote machine's/voting machine's/

s/particularly weak spot/particular weakness/

s/to even expert programmers/even to export programmers/

s/All hardware is vulnerable to programming error/
   All computer hardware is vulnerable to external forces/

s#In the Nedap/Powervote system, ballot boxes ... are replaced#
   The Nedap/Powervote system replaces ballot boxes ... #

Pádraig.