[E-voting] "Secrecy" and "Accuracy"

Cian pooka at redbrick.dcu.ie
Thu Mar 25 12:58:33 GMT 2004

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 12:39:33PM +0000, Stan Nangle wrote:
> I think they will stay away from stating their opinion on any specific
> submission. They will use generalisations, carefully crafted by Q4.

While I understand that you have a rather Hobbesian view of this whole
process, I have to say "have a little faith".

The commission have a job to do. I'm going to assume that they will do it well,
within the time constraints given. They're a very capable group of people. Let
them report before judging their work. I especially dislike the implication
that Q4 will be at all involved in the report; they may well spin the outcome
for the minister, but I very much doubt they'll have anything to do with the
commission's work.

If you can't say anything nice on a public forum, it might be best to say
nothing at all. ;o)

Cian

--
       "Metaphors are wondrous candles which illuminate the hidden
             connections between things." -- Jonah Goldberg