[E-voting] Commmision on Electronic Voting receives over 150 public submissions

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Tue Mar 30 23:25:16 IST 2004

Although dated the 26th, I think this went online today (I've been
checking regularly enough):

http://www.cev.ie/htm/press/press2603.htm

 "The Commission on Electronic Voting has received more than 150 public
 submissions on the secrecy and accuracy of the chosen Nedap/Powervote
 electronic voting system and the testing carried out thereon. The
 deadline for the receipt of the submissions expired at 12 noon today
 (Friday, March 26, 2004).

 The Commission invited submissions from the public through extensive
 bilingual public notices in the national print media and radio between
 Thursday March 11 and Sunday March 14. Submissions were received by
 post, e-mail and on-line at the Commission's website, www.cev.ie.
 The submissions will be available for inspection in the Offices of the
 Commission next week.

 The Commission will consider the submissions it has received in the
 context of its other work and in accordance with its terms of reference
 requiring it to consider the secrecy and accuracy of the chosen
 Nedap/Powervote electronic voting system and the testing carried out
 thereon."

Is anyone free to go in and inspect the submissions and report back?
I'm not sure if I can find the time.

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net