[E-voting] Commission on Electronic Voting receives over 150 public submissions

Catherine Ansbro cansbro at eircom.net
Wed Mar 31 12:54:11 IST 2004

>Submissions will not be published electronically though,
>so I might just request them all - and scan labouriously.

I am amazed that they are available for public scrutiny but they will not
be published electronically.  They are really trying to obstruct public
access to this information.  It makes me wonder what they have to hide.
Could we publish the submissions on the ICTE website?

Also, maybe this could be a short, sweet press release.  (E.g., # of
submissions, open to public scrutiny, but info will not be published on the
CEV website.  Surprising for a government that wants to use e-technology
appropriately.  ICTE intends to publish all the submissions on its website
so that public & journalists across the country can have easy access.  This
is a democratic use of e-technology.)

Then, once our valiant team has scanned the submissions, have another press
release synopsizing # of documents in favour, # opposed, and some comments
about the issues for desiring or opposing.