[E-voting] Dick Roche on the Week in Politics

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Mon Nov 1 00:43:22 GMT 2004

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 12:38:36AM -0000, Aengus Lawlor wrote:
> Has he replied to our request for a meeting yet?

Nope, he's had two letters from me now, and no reply yet. I think one
more letter is in order, explaining that whilst we can understand the
viewpoint that a VVAT represents its own implementation challenges, it
really is the only way that an electronic system can be rendered
trustworthy and re-iterating the request for a meeting.

I'll also make it clear that in the absense of a response, we will
consider the de facto position of Government as continueing to reject
the need for a VVAT.

If I get no response to that, there's not much we can further do on that
angle, and it's back to a media war.

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net