[E-voting] Response from the Minister

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Fri Nov 26 18:24:44 GMT 2004

I've received a full response to my correspondence to the Minister, and
can relate that the Minister would be pleased to meet with
representatives from ICTE to discussion issues in relation to Electronic
Voting and Counting System.

This is an extremely positive development, and a very welcome offer from
the Minister.

As per the response, I'll ring the department early next week to arrange
the time/date/venue/attendees and so on.

Due to the nature of these things, numbers have to be extremely limited
(3 or 4 people max), purely so that the meeting can be efficient and
productive, and I've contacted potential attendees and know their
availability and so on.  A lot of people have put a lot of work in here,
and I'm sorry if I havn't contacted you.

I'll update with the names of the attendees and more details once I've
contacted the department and it has all been confirmed and arranged.

Now, in the meantime, if there are specific points (keep them brief, and
simple please!) that you feel should be raised, follow up and state
them. We'll be compiling a list of friendly suggestions and our own
recommondations from here, and I'll try and achieve consensus on the
list before finalising it, and I guarantee the attendees will do their
best to reflect the consensus.

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net