[E-voting] Legal/Constitutional Opinions on eVoting (was: Electronic Voting in the Dáil Yeste rday)

Stan Nangle stan at voyager.ie
Thu Dec 1 15:05:17 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I haven't read the final legislation, but the last version I read (Committee Stage?) was
riddled with procedural erors, terminology errors, and struck me as the worst piece of
legislation I had ever read - certainly compared to the Road Traffic Acts and the
Companies Acts.

IIRC I suggested >27 separate amendments to Ciaran Cuffe, but I don't think they were
accepted.

I must go back and read it again, but my gut feel is that it wouldn't get past scrutiny
by the Courts.

Stan.

On Thu,  1 Dec 2005 12:12:35 +0000, Keith Martin wrote