[E-voting] Summary of Electronic Voting System Analysis

Catherine Ansbro cansbro at eircom.net
Tue Dec 6 01:34:38 GMT 2005

After our 2002 pilot we had an unnaturally high overvote at one polling
place (e.g. more recorded votes than recorded voters) and an unnaturally
high undervote at another polling place (fewer votes than voters).  But
I've never seen a graph showing this, with a comparison.

Also, while one or both of these abnormal figures was supposedly
reconciled in some way, I never heard the explanation or the impact on
results.  At the time, people just said it was procedural error with the
volunteers.

Catherine