[E-voting] Stormontgate/Qinetiq/Shell

Catherine Ansbro cansbro at eircom.net
Sat Dec 17 17:06:27 GMT 2005

Very valid point.  And Qinetiq is not just any average corporation.
They are intimately involved in NSA-type security and communications.
Have a look at their website.  In any case the point you make about the
potential for conflict of interest is very apt.  I'd feel better if
several independent security consultants (e.g. Harri Hursti in Finland)
were carrying out these tests.  The testing must be free from anyone or
any organisation where there is a real, potential or perceived conflict
of interest if it is to be taken seriously.

There are some news reports that claim the current FF government has an
agenda to reduce SF's political clout.  Regardless of whether or not
this is accurate, any decisions relating to our voting system or
equipment should be insulated from those who might have a personal,
corporate or political agenda.

Catherine