[E-voting] Stormontgate/Qinetiq/Shell

Ciaran Quinn election at polarbears.com
Sun Dec 18 18:53:43 GMT 2005

Ryan Meade wrote:

>..
>

>Absolutely, which is why our elections should be run by an independent
>commission.  I can't remember if this is something ICTE has called for, or
>did we decide this was outside of our scope?

I don't think that an independent commission is necessarily a good idea.
The fact that the commission is independent does not mean that it is
going to do a good job. If it had been an independent election
commission that had decided to run elections using the Nedap Powervote
system it might have been more difficult to stop, as the parties would
have been very reluctant to go against it.

Ciaran